August 1, 2017 - Registration Opens
- Read through our Programs and Tuitions pages to understand our program offerings for this year.
- Complete the 2017-18 Registration Form to enter the YC² Placement Process. Be sure to enroll in our three-week September Session.
- Sign up for a Listening Time to play for a YC² coach (new and returning students).
- Mail your $25 non-refundable Registration Fee within two weeks of submitting your registration. Mail your check payable to TRYPO, to YC² c/o TRYPO, 212 Ninth St., Suite 601, Pittsburgh, PA, 15222.
September 9, 16, and 23, 2017 - Placement Auditions: Listening Times
- NEW THIS YEAR: Our YC² coaches have asked that all students schedule a Listening Time so they can hear you play (including new members, as well as current and recent TRYPO, PYSO, and YC² members).
- Listening Times will be held Saturday mornings at Duquesne University's College Hall (across the street from Mary Pappert School of Music - come to the 2nd Floor Lobby).
Click here to schedule a Listening Time with a YC² coach.
If these times do not work for you, you may submit a video audition here.
September 9, 16, and 23, 2017 - September Session
- Three weeks of large and small group rehearsals culminating in a student performance on September 23. All students will be assigned to a chamber group which will perform at one of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh neighborhood branches.
- There is a morning session offered for advanced musicians (members of YPO, PYSO, and other advanced students); and an afternon session for intermediate and beginner musicians (members of Symphonette, Intrada, and other young musicians).
- See Schedule: September Session for details regarding the Morning and Afternoon sessions.
- All incoming and returning members are encouraged to enroll in September Session. Students who complete the September Session will earn a $25 discount on YC² tuition.
September 24, 2017 (by midnight) - Placement Audition Deadline
- If you were unable to schedule a time to play for a YC² coach, all video auditions should be submitted by midnight September 24, 2017.
September 24, 2017 (by midnight) - Fall Enrollment Deadline
- Students interested in joining an Education or Performance Track chamber group should be enrolled by midnight, September 24, in order to be included in the Fall 2017 placement process.
- All registered students should have completed a Placement Audition/Listening Time or sent a video audition by September 24. If you missed any of the above deadlines, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can still include you in the process - we will make every effort to incorporate last minute registrants.
September 25-29 - Staff Meet to Form Groups
- Students are matched based on a variety of criteria, which may include:
- Orchestra Membership - To ease parent transportation duties, we make every effort to pair a student's chamber rehearsal time with their orchestra rehearsal schedule.
- Schedule Availability - While rare, this is usually the factor which complicates a student's successful placement.
- Geography (when possible)
September 30-October 5 - Group Assignments Confirmed
- Group assignment offers will be emailed to all students for whom we found a suitable chamber ensemble. (In 2016-17, 85 out of 86 students were offered a spot.)
- Emails are sent one student/or one group at a time, so don't worry if your friend hears before you.
- To accept the offer, student and parent must sign the online Member Agreement as soon as possible - your email offer will have a signing deadline included.
- If you have decided not to continue in the YC² placement process, please notify email@example.com immediately. Note that your $25 Registration Fee is non-refundable.
October 7-8 - Weekly Rehearsal/Coaching Begins
- All Education and Performance Track groups will meet for their first weekly rehearsal and coaching October 7 or 8, 2017.
Once our 2017-18 chamber groups are formed, visit Schedule: Group Schedules and save it to your homescreen so you can review your schedule anytime.
October 10 - First Tuition Payment Due
Your first tuition statement will be emailed along with your Member Agreement. Please do NOT make a tuition payment until you receive this statement. (You must, however, pay your $25 Registration Fee at the time of registration.)
50% of the annual tuition is due October 10, 2017.
50% is due January 15, 2018.
Visit Join: Tuition for more information.
October 14-15 - Students Decide Group Name
- Chamber groups will be given a tentative name when formed, by their second coaching, they must decide on the name of their group.
- Parents are welcome to suggest names to their students, but the final decision must be made by the students themselves, with assistance from their coach.
- YC² must approve all group names - be sure the name you want is not already in use.