JOIN US FOR A WEEK OF CHAMBER MUSIC IN BEAUTIFUL CHAUTAUQUA, NY: AUGUST 12-19, 2017
YC2 in Chautauqua is an awesome week at the end of August for students currently in 8th-12th grade (during the 2016-17 school year), in a beautiful place, with great music teachers and coaches, incredible concerts to attend, fun meals together in the dining hall, spending time with great new and old friends, mountain-top performance opportunities, master classes that will knock your socks off, and playing world premieres of your friends' compositions.
A few spots are still available for this August 12-19, 2017, if you are in 9th-12th grade or a recent high-school graduate. Contact email@example.com or call 412-391-0185 today!
YC2 in Chautauqua is a unique collaboration between Chautauqua Institution, which provides a wonderful one-week music camp for commuters, and YC2, which provides chaperoned-housing, all meals, and additional enrichment and performance opportunities. This is our 6th year taking Pittsburgh-area students to Chautauqua for a week of music education and performances - some students have attended all 5 years!
Students attend one of Chautauqua Institution's commuter Chautauqua Music Camps and Pittsburgh-based Youth Chamber Connection manages the residential component for members of YC2, PYSO, and TRYPO by providing:
- Seven nights lodging in YC2-chaperoned housing;
- All meals included at the residences or on-campus dining facilities (parents ae asked to contribute breakfast and snack items for houses);
- Chautauqua Music Camp Fees;
- One-week gate pass to the Chautauqua Institute (includes admission to all evening performances);
- Additional enrichment and performance opportunities.
Eligibility Requirements: This camp is open to intermediate and advanced musicians currently in 8th-12th grade during the 2016-17 school year. Students enrolled in Youth Chamber Connection (YC2), the Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra (PYSO), or Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras (TRYPO) receive priority placement and do not have audition requirements. Students not enrolled in YC2, PYSO, or TRYPO are welcome to apply, if space is available, and will be asked to provide an audition tape before acceptance (to ensure we have a suitable spot for you in a chamber group).
MEMBERS of PYSO, TRYPO, City Music Center: $775
OTHER TUITION DETAILS:
- A Non-refundable tuition payment of $50 will be due upon receipt of confirmation from YC2 to indicate your acceptance. Payment instructions and the remaining tuition payment schedule will be provided in your confirmation email.
- Members requesting tuition assistance may indicate this after receiving confirmation. We are committed to keeping tuition costs as low as possible without diminishing the quality or depth of programming, and ensuring no deserving young musician be denied participation based on financial means. Scholarship requests have no impact on acceptance.
- Graduating seniors may cancel by May 10 and receive a full tuition refund (less $25) if their college check-in date conflicts with YC2 in Chautauqua. (In the past, some students have gone straight from Chautauqua to college!)
if you have additional questions contact:
Laurie Cunningham, YC2 Manager
Announcing an Open Call for Student Compositions for Chautauqua 2017! The qualifications for acceptance are: The YC2 staff, coaches, and students have to like the piece and it must be appealing to listeners. The difficulty level should be intermediate-to-advanced in skills required and also accessible enough that the group can prepare it for performance after two, maximum three, group rehearsals (assuming individuals have practiced their parts ahead of time). There must be parts for violin 1, violin 2, viola, and cello. Optional: include piano or organ along with strings so Chautauqua's organist/pianist can play with the students. Once we see which other instruments will be at camp, you would be welcome to add parts for them. Deadline: April 15, 2017. Award: If your piece is selected to be performed, you will win a Chautauqua sweatshirt, plus the chance to conduct/coach at a pre-camp rehearsal in early August, and more importantly, you'll receive the joy of hearing your own music played by awesome musicians!